Friday 23 August 2013

Club to Catwalk

Perhaps the ultimate in Throwback Thursday, I spent my day off this week being taken (yes, taken, chivalry isn't dead sugar) around Club to Catwalk, the V&A exhibition charting the rise of club culture dominated fashion.

From the sublime to the ridiculous, the obvious to the unexpected, the V&A takes you on a magical tour of the seedy underworld of early 80's London fashion scene and the impact it has had on modern day dressing today.

So I might be a total 90's baby, but thats not to say I don't appreciate a journey back a decade further, fully immersing myself in the dugeonesque video space watching old film footage of the london club scene and glimpses of glam fetish and new romantics and being in total awe of Adam Ants gold fringed leather jacket- my inner fetishist was in heaven (!)

All the usual suspects were in attendance, Westwood and McLaren, the New Romantics, a handful of Goths and Cyber Punks with a sideline of political satire from Catherine Hammnet.


No comments:

Post a Comment